When you are working on a project that requires sheet metal, a reliable way of holding the pieces together is incredibly important. That's where Cleco fasteners, also known as skin pins, come in. These handy little tools are temporary fasteners used to hold pieces of sheet metal or other materials in place while you work on them.
Finding Cleco fasteners locally might seem challenging at first, but there are several places to look for them. Here's where you can find Cleco fasteners and what you need to know about them.
1. What Are Cleco Fasteners?
Cleco fasteners are a type of temporary fastener used to hold two or more pieces of sheet metal or other materials together. They are useful for holding pieces in place while you drill holes or make other adjustments. Once you are finished, you can remove the Cleco fasteners and move on to the next phase of your project.
The design of Cleco fasteners is simple but effective. They consist of a plunger, a spring, and two jaws. When the plunger is pushed, the jaws close around the material, holding it securely in place.
2. Where Can You Buy Cleco Fasteners Locally?
There are several places you can buy Cleco fasteners, including:
- Industrial suppliers: Look for industrial suppliers or tool distributors in your area. They may carry Cleco fasteners, either in-store or online.
- Aviation suppliers: Many aviation suppliers carry Cleco fasteners, as they are commonly used in aircraft maintenance and repair.
- Auto parts stores: Some auto parts stores carry Cleco fasteners, as they are useful for working on automotive body panels.
- Hardware stores: While not all hardware stores carry Cleco fasteners, some may have them in stock. Look in the fastener section or ask an associate for assistance.
3. What Types of Cleco Fasteners Are Available?
Cleco fasteners come in different sizes and lengths, depending on the thickness of the material you are working with. They also come in different colors, which can help you keep track of which size you are using.
Some common sizes include 1/8", 3/16", and 1/4", although sizes can vary depending on the manufacturer. The length of the fastener also varies, with shorter lengths being better for thin materials and longer lengths for thicker materials.
4. How Do You Use Cleco Fasteners?
Using Cleco fasteners is easy. Simply align the pieces of material you want to join and insert the fastener through the holes. Then, push the plunger down to secure the fastener in place.
You can use as many Cleco fasteners as you need to hold the material in place. Once you are finished working, remove the fasteners by pulling up on the plunger.
5. What Are the Benefits of Using Cleco Fasteners?
There are several benefits to using Cleco fasteners:
- They are easy to use: Cleco fasteners are simple to insert and remove, making them user-friendly for beginners.
- They hold material securely: Cleco fasteners provide a strong grip on materials, ensuring they stay in place while you work on them.
- They are reusable: Unlike other types of temporary fasteners, Cleco fasteners can be used again and again.
- They come in different sizes: With a variety of sizes available, you can find the right Cleco fastener for your project.
In conclusion, finding Cleco fasteners locally is easy if you know where to look. They are a versatile and time-saving tool for anyone working with sheet metal or other materials. With different sizes and lengths available, they are suitable for a variety of projects. If you're looking for a way to simplify your next project, try using Cleco fasteners..