How to Use File Fasteners: Keeping Your Papers Organized and Secure
Paperwork is an unavoidable part of life, whether it's for work, school or personal matters. Keeping these papers organized can be quite the task, especially when it comes to larger documents. File fasteners are a convenient and affordable solution to this problem. Here's all you need to know about using them:
Why Use File Fasteners
File fasteners are used to secure several pages of paper in place without having to punch holes in them. This means that you can keep your papers organized and clean, and also not damage them in any way. The papers stay together thanks to the clips on either side of the fastener, which hold them in place. This makes them especially useful when you need to keep more than one page together, but don't want to deal with staples or paperclips.
Types of File Fasteners
There are two main types of file fasteners - prong fasteners and compressor fasteners. Prong fasteners consist of flexible metal prongs that slide through holes in the paper and fold out to secure them. Compressor fasteners, on the other hand, use a spring mechanism to press down on the papers and hold them in place. Both types can be easily found in office supply stores, or online.
How to Use Prong Fasteners
Prong fasteners are the most common type of file fasteners, and are incredibly easy to use. To attach a prong fastener to your documents, first, make sure that you have the right size. They come in different sizes, so be sure to choose the one that's appropriate for the documents you want to secure. Then, simply fold the prongs out and slide them through the holes in the documents. Finally, fold the prongs back over the documents to secure them.
How to Use Compressor Fasteners
Compressor fasteners are also easy to use. Begin by opening the fastener and placing the papers between the compressor. Then, press down on the compressor to secure the papers in place. Compressor fasteners can be a better choice for larger documents because they can hold more pages in place than prong fasteners.
Tips for Using File Fasteners
Using file fasteners is generally quite easy, but there are a few things to keep in mind that can make the process even smoother. Here are some tips:
1. Choose the right size: fasteners come in different sizes, so make sure you choose the ones that are appropriate for your documents.
2. Make sure your documents are aligned: before adding the fastener, make sure all your documents are aligned perfectly. This ensures that the papers are held in place evenly.
3. Don't overload: while some fasteners can hold many documents together, it's best not to overload them. This can cause them to break or not function properly.
4. Store documents flat: fasteners work best when the documents are kept flat. If you store them upright, the fastener may slip out of place or damage the papers.
5. Double-check: before putting your documents away, double-check that the fastener is secure and that the pages are not slipping out.
In conclusion, file fasteners are a simple yet highly effective solution for keeping your papers organized and secure. Whether you choose prong fasteners or compressor fasteners, using these tools is easy as pie. By following the tips mentioned above, you'll have a cleaner and more organized workspace in no time!.